Saturday, May 24, 2008

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S Crab Meat!

--A Cape Ann Angel story, posted on Help Others on Nov 9, 2007

Each week I’m at the Cape Ann Farmer’s Market manning a table. Typically, I have to make sure I have cash in hand to buy my goods. And recently, I’ve been on a smoked salmon kick and just about each week I buy a small package of it to satisfy the palette. 

Last week, just as I was going to pick up my treat, a man came up next to me and asked how much the crab meat roll was. The fellows working told him it was $4.00. He looked at me and asked, “Have you ever had one of these from here?” My reply was, “No.” He said they were “D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!” I smiled at him and proceeded to pay for my fish. Just as the worker placed my change in my hand the crab roll guy bumped my arm and said, “Here, this is for you!” 

I looked at him with my mouth open in surprise and said, “Thank you.” The guys at the booth laughed hysterically. I looked at them suspiciously and asked them, “Okay, what’s up with this?” They proceeded to tell me that this man does this every week at the market. He comes to their booth, buys a crab sandwich and passes it onto to the person next to him. 
In the short minute they told me this I looked up and wanted to speak with this crab sandwich giving man. I never caught him, he disappeared into the stream of moving folks at the harbor loop.


When I told this story to a friend, his smiling response was, “These things only happen to you.” As I sat at the market that evening I thought about that remark. I said to myself, “No, these things don’t only happen to me. These are the things that inspiring folks in our area are doing everyday, but it's just that most of us are often too *busy* to hold space for them to manifest.”

No comments: